29 April 2009
today, i came home from work. i knew it would be close. i drove home, and sure enough, there was no sign of my wife's car. i thought aloud, "oh. they're at the field."
in the next instant, i realized, that isn't my driveway any more. my wife's car won't be here. . .
. . .it'll be at the apartment, dummy.
28 April 2009
23 April 2009
13 April 2009
09 April 2009
he was happy. he had more clients in his pipeline and was
facing such a great month. you could see it in his face and
in the bounce in his step.
and his step had quite a bounce yesterday, for joe was a big
we lost joe last night.
i hardly knew joe, but i knew that i liked him. always quick
with a smile, or a laugh, or a piece of well-needed advice.
big guy, yet so soft-spoken.
some of us even had a mafia name for him, you know, a
nickname. in the Sopranos, there was paulie 'walnuts'
gualtieri, bobby 'bacala' baccalieri, johnny 'sack'
sacramoni, salvatore 'big pussy' bonpensiero. . .
we imagined joe cast as Joey 'two salads' Salas. i think
that was benjamin's idea.
don't know if he liked the moniker, but he laughed at it.
joey laughed a lot.
for that, we will miss joe.
07 April 2009
- picture yourself lying on your belly on a warm rock that hangs out over a crystal clear stream.
- picture yourself with both your hands dangling in the cool running water..
- birds are sweetly singing in the cool mountain air.
- no one knows your secret place.
- you are in total seclusion from that hectic place called the world.
- the soothing sound of a gentle water fall fills the air with a cascade of serenity.
- the water is so crystal clear that you can easily make out the face of the person you are holding underwater.
there!! see? it really does work. . .you're smiling already.
04 April 2009
2. avoid arguments with the females about lifting the toilet seat by using the sink.
3. for high blood pressure sufferers--simply cut yourself and bleed for a few minutes, thus reducing the pressure on your veins. remember to use a timer.
4. a mouse trap placed on top of your alarm clock will prevent you from rolling over and going back to sleep after you hit the snooze button.
5. if you have a bad cough, take a large dose of laxatives. then you'll be afraid to cough.
6. you only need two tools in life--wd-40 and duct tape.. if it doesn't move and should, use the wd-40. if it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.
7. if you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.
daily thought: some people are like slinkies - not really good for anything but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.