09 April 2009

they always say you're happier at the end

joe had such a great day yesterday. he was in a good mood,
he was happy. he had more clients in his pipeline and was
facing such a great month. you could see it in his face and
in the bounce in his step.

and his step had quite a bounce yesterday, for joe was a big
guy.

we lost joe last night.

i hardly knew joe, but i knew that i liked him. always quick
with a smile, or a laugh, or a piece of well-needed advice.

big guy, yet so soft-spoken.

some of us even had a mafia name for him, you know, a
nickname. in the Sopranos, there was paulie 'walnuts'
gualtieri, bobby 'bacala' baccalieri, johnny 'sack'
sacramoni, salvatore 'big pussy' bonpensiero. . .

we imagined joe cast as Joey 'two salads' Salas. i think
that was benjamin's idea.

don't know if he liked the moniker, but he laughed at it.

joey laughed a lot.

for that, we will miss joe.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Jim. I think we ALL NEEDED that.

We love you Joe Salas.

Anonymous said...

Joe and I shared a few stories and alot of laughs.

Joe is in a far better place. I'll miss you Joe. God Bless.

B Deal said...

Joe Salas was an amazing guy - I wish I took the time to get to know him better. Joe was one of those people that you think society could learn from, every single thing that man said was genuine and from the heart - Which is a lot more than I can say about many of the people I see in day to day life.

What I liked best about Joe was his eagerness to find the bright side in every situation. I remember him stopping me on the fourth floor and asking “How can I sell more deals?” – I told him to bring it all back to the family dynamic, because no matter what walk in life your taking, the most important thing is your family – Joe really flourished with this and I wish I could see him continue his career here at Safe Harbor as a stellar loan officer – But alas, he is in a much better place.

With that, Joe Salas will be missed by the Safe Harbor family. He was a true inspiration to be a better person.

Anonymous said...

Papa Joe,
The whole way into work yesterday, I was looking forward to telling you "I told you so" about the Wednesday's episode of Idol. You know, our daily routine of re-capping our favorite shows. Only thing was, you weren't here. I'm going to miss you. Now who is going to tell me at least twice a day, 'boy you are blond aren't you'. I brought my own orange today since you won't be here to share yours with me. I'm going to miss you.

Anonymous said...

I started to really get to know Joe about 3 months ago. He always had time to help you with anything. A super nice guy and his smile and charm will be missed. I was looking forward to getting to know Joe. All prayers go out to his family.

Anonymous said...

It is amazing that even those who met and knew Joe for a short period of time, couldnt but notice the big heart, the big smile, and the positive attitude that transpired to every one around him and every one he talked to. He did manage to only see the bright side of every situation and touched us all! A very brief conversation with him was so comforting...We will miss you Papa Joe. I liked this nickname a lot...he was a papa figure for all of us!

Anonymous said...

I always felt the warmth in Joe, as did others. I always approached him with... "What do ya know Joe" . He always smiled and said "not much". God speed Joe you are missed